WordPress For Beginners Tutorials and information. We source some of the best tutorials online to help you manage your wordpress website.
In this rather long tutorial, I’m going to show you how to create a WordPress theme from scratch, and then incorporate WooCommerce into it. You can then go for your life and customise it with CSS how you want.
Specifically, I will be talking about:
– Using Webpack (from Laravel) for CSS and JS (With SASS)
– Creating a new WordPress theme from scratch
– Using Menus, Widgets and Post Thumbnails
– Different WordPress page templates
– Installing and Configuring WooCommerce and then making it work in the simple theme we developed.
I am using Webpack to combine my SASS and JS, but you do not have to use it if you do not want to. You can simply enqueue your CSS and JS directly in functions.php.
Two hours is not enough to explain everything about developing a WordPress theme with WooCommerce, but it gives you a good idea of how to start and the absolute basics.
WooCommerce is an excellent E-Commerce solution for small to medium sized websites that need a way to sell products easily. WooCommerce in WordPress allows this.
Let me know what you think and if you have any questions and I can help you learn more! Cheers.