# 01 – The Fastest Way to Learn HTML & CSS for the Real World
● Sublime Text
● Google Chrome Browser
What We’ll Be Building
Throughout this course we’re going to learn HTML and CSS by building out the site.
In the process of making the site you will learn everything you need to know about HTML and CSS so that you can
create any site you want.
I think you are going to be surprised at how easy it is to build great looking sites fast and hopefully you have
flashes of feeling like you have a new super power.
Tips For Course
Use these suggestions to crush this course and be building awesome sites in no time.
1. Go all the way through the course the first time following along typing in the code yourself.
2. After the first time, then go to create your own site – any type of site it doesn’t have to be the same
style and structure as the One Million Lines site – and use these videos, source codes, and other
learning materials provided in the lessons as guides
3. QUANTITY over quality. What I mean by that is to not worry about creating the perfect site, with the
perfect code and don’t worry about messing up. Instead just focus on creating sites as fast as you
can. In the process of pumping out sites you’ll find yourself doing the same actions such as adding
images or creating 3 columns as well as many others and they’ll become second nature to you over
4. Practice in shorts bursts. I don’t recommend you going through this course in its entirety in one
sitting. Instead spread out the learning over a couple days with hour long sessions to keep you
excited and wanting more. During those hours sessions create breaks and break up the 1-2 hours
into short bursts. Use e.ggtimer to set a timer and practice in 20 minute bursts with 5 minute breaks
5. I can’t stress this enough, but repetition, repetition, repetition. Keep creating, keep building sites
and it will be second-nature in no time.
6. Code snippets will be included in lessons so you can easily copy and paste or type the code. If
you’re ever having trouble getting the code to work or look the same in your browser as it does in
the lesson you can always find the zipped source code for that file at the bottom of each lessons
page. Click on the link to download, unzip the file, and you will have all the files as they should be at
the end of that video.