Moving a WordPress site from one server to another has literally never been easier.
In previous years, to successfully move a wordpress site from one host to another there was quite a bit of work. You needed to back up, and move the database, reinstall and reconfigure wordpress, possibly manually upload plugins and extensions and then reconfigure them.
Over time software has been developed that assists in moving your wordpress site over to a new server, and it’s literally only a few steps. And it is completely free.
- On your existing wordpress site that you want to move. Install and activate the plugin All In One WordPress Migration
- In your wordpress dashboard click “All In One WP Migration – Export”
- Click “Export to File”
- Wait while the plugin backs up all of your data.
- When the file has finished compressing it will highlight. Simply click it and save the file to your local computer.
- On your new hosting server, install wordpress.
- On your new wordpress site install the “All In One WP Migration” plugin.
- On your new wordpress site’s dashboard click “All In One WP Migration – Import”
- On your new wordpress site choose “import from” – “File” and select the file you saved on your computer in step 5.
- Update your DNS (Nameservers) to point your domain to your new server (see hosting documentation) *if applicable.
Of course if you have questions you can always contact us!