WordPress For Beginners Tutorials and information. We source some of the best tutorials online to help you manage your wordpress website.
This is a complete tutorial on How to set up Google Analytics on the WordPress website. This video shows you a step by step method to add Google Analytics to your WordPress website.
The free tool used to make this process is Insta WP. You can find it here: https://instawp.io/
1. Register into InstaWP and open Dashboard.
2. Click on Add New
3. A pop-up will come up and you select the “WP version”, choose “PHP version”. Finally, set a “custom website name” and then click on “create site”
4. Your website should show up in the Dashboard in less than 1 minute, then click on “Access Now”, it’ll redirect you to your WordPress Dashboard
5. Now, click on “Start for Free” in Google Analytics here https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/
6. Now, under “Account setup”, you need to set a name for your account. Scroll down and select “Next”
7. Now, under “Property setup”, set a property name, then click on “Next”
8. Then, under “About your business”, choose an “industry category”, choose “business size”, then select those options which tell “how you intend to use Google Analytics with your business”. Then you click on “Create”
9. Accept the terms and services of Google Analytics
10. Now you’ll reach a section to “Choose a platform”, click on the web
11. Now, add website URL from InstaWP dashboard which we created earlier
12. Add a “Stream Name” in your Google Analytics then click on “Create Stream”
13. Your “Web stream details” will show up now. Scroll down and click on the drop-down button in the section “Global site tag(gtag.js). Your Google Analytics Tracking code will be visible and you can copy the code in this section
14. Go back to your WordPress dashboard. Hover on “Appearance” then click on “Theme Editor”
15. At the right-hand sidebar, you select “Theme Header”
16. Find the opening and closing head tag in the Theme Header code section. Now, paste your copied code inside the opening and closing head tags. Then, click “Update file”
17. To track the traffic of your website, now go to your Google Analytics home page. Here, you can see all the details about your website related to analytics
An alternative method to add Google Analytics to your WordPress website using a plugin.
1. Open your WordPress Dashboard. Hover over the “plugin” section and click on “Add New”
2. In the search bar, Type “site kit”. Find the “Site Kit By Google” then, click on “Install Now” and then click on “Activate”
3. Now you need to click on “Start setup” once the activation of Site Kit is completed
4. Click on “Sign in with Google”, select the google account you want to set up your Analytics account
5. To verify site ownership you need to click on “Proceed”
6. Now, click on “Allow” to allow your website to access Google account data
7. Then, click on “Add Site” to Set up Seach Console
8. Once the process of setting up the Site Kit is completed, then click on “Go to my Dashboard”
9. Click on “Connect Service” under “Analytics”
10. To create your Google Analytics account, enter the details required, and click on “Create Account”. Accept the terms of service.
11. Now, your Google Analytics Dashboard will be created and you can check the details by Clicking on “Go to my Dashboard”
That’s it. Enjoy your analytics data and create amazing plans to boost your website.
If this tutorial helped you, please click on the like button. Let us know in the comment section if this tutorial helped you and share it with someone who needs this tutorial.
Visit our website for more WordPress Tutorials: https://wphow.co/