I’ll show you how to create a website in 2020. Including domain name, web hosting, WordPress theme, and email address. So roll up your sleeves and learn how to build a website!
Start the tutorial here:
Here is what we will do to make a WordPress website in 2020:
01:36 – First, we will buy a web hosting & domain name from HostPapa. SSL Certificate is also included!
11:13 – Then I will show you how to install a free WordPress theme with professional demo content to get you started quickly with your new website and you won’t need to build the website from scratch.
16:13 – Then we will enable the SSL certificate & set up the email.
18:27 – And lastly, we will install the most useful WordPress plugins that will improve your website’s load speed, SEO & usability.
3:30 – Ideas for a domain name:
11:19 – ThemeForest:
15:54 – How to use Elementor:
18:03 – HostPapa email setup on other email clients:
26:23 – Yoast SEO plugin:
28:01 – UpdraftPlus backup:
1. REGISTER WEB HOSTING & DOMAIN
Let’s start by getting a web hosting from HostPapa:
As with most hosting providers you get a free domain for a year when you sign up with them.
And as a bonus, if you use the link that is in the description, you get an extra 20% discount and you support this channel because I get an affiliate commission from the sale.
Make sure you choose “domain privacy”, when you register a domain in 2020.
When you register a domain name with any company, they then provide that information to the whois database which is publicly available. If you don’t take the domain privacy, they will register the domain name with your details. So just keep the privacy and HostPapa will just fill in the name & address with HostPapa’s information.
When creating a website, web hosting is an essential part of it. If it’s bad, then nothing else will matter. So make sure to choose a good one.
My website has been with HostPapa for about 18 months, and I’ve been really happy with them. The website loads fast, the customer service seems to be efficient and they are reasonably priced.
2. INSTALL WORDPRESS IN CPANEL
Okay, awesome, now that we have sorted out web hosting & domain, we need an easy way to have a beautifully designed website that we can easily update. That’s why next we will install WordPress which will help us with all of that.
Since HostPapa comes with Free SSL, we will choose the “ option while installing WP. The only thing to keep in mind, the free SSL will be enabled 24 hours after domain registration.
3. INSTALL ASTRA WP – WORDPRESS THEME
Next, let’s install a WordPress theme. I will use a free theme called Astra, they have like more than 30 free designs you can choose from. However, if you don’t like them, you can also check out ThemeForest, they have thousands of themes like really they have something for every industry.
4. SETUP EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH YOUR DOMAIN NAME
The website looks great, but before optimizing it, let’s quickly set up an email account with your new domain name.
Luckily setting up email is super easy in cPanel, it takes only few minutes.
5. INSTALL MOST IMPORTANT WORDPRESS PLUGINS
Next, we will install the most useful WordPress plugins that will help you with page load times, SEO & security.
List of plugins we will install:
– W3 Total Cache – helps with website speed (Must have plugin).
– reSmush.it Image Optimizer – this plugin will compress your images so they take up less space, thus load faster.
– Yoast SEO – With this plugin you will have some essential technical SEO features like sitemaps, structured data, page title tools and many more. All of these features help your site to appear higher in Google’s Search results.
– Updraftplus Back Up WordPress – Website backup plugin that can store backups on external services like Google Drive or DropBox.
– Akismet Anti-Spam – Pre-filters spam comments on your site (believe me, there will be so much spam once your site gets bigger).
– Limit login attempts to WP admin – just a security plugin for WP, so that it’s harder for someone to brute force attack your website.
And that’s it, with the above steps you will make a website in 2020 in 30-60 minutes. Enjoy!